Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Homemade Mustard

I have been a little on the busy side lately....what with being pregnant with number 3 and starting two new jobs as well, I haven't had much time or energy to be as creative as I would like.
This morning however, I was planning our bi-weekly menu and saw a couple items on my list I would like to try my hand at so there I went. I had the stuff on hand to make some homemade mustard.


First I ground up 2tbsp black mustard seeds in my mortar/pestle







Then I added 1/4 cup mustard powder, and 1/4 cup water to the ground seeds and let sit for 10 minutes.


Finally I added 2 tbsp white wine vinegar and 1 tsp of salt, it is now sitting for 24 hours, to let the flavors meld. It smells great and the little taste I took ( who could resist?) was nice and spicy, like a Dijon mustard...I can't wait to try it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment