Tuesday, May 3, 2011

What in the name of all that is good...did I get myself into??

I have tweens.....14 months apart... I know I know, what was I thinking right. So very close to having my babies all grown up and getting all their teenage stuff going, licenses, dating (omg), career paths chosen. Well here I am, 32 years old, with a 11 year old, a 10 year old...and today Arik turned a whopping 4 months!! Ya. 4 months.
Seriously...my entire pregnancy, I was happy, glowing so excited for the most part. I remember my babies being glorious little beings, slept great, ate great. No major illnesses that were out of my control. You think you remember everything...well...you don't remember ANYTHING...
The night feedings, the crying, the teething, the fussing. All fades from your memory just as your labor pains....why else would we have more? I think we're hardwired to dim those lights in order to keep our species alive lol.
But oh its so terribly worth it. So so very worth it.
I decided cloth this time, I am older, wiser (haha) and a little more financially set to sink my teeth into the upfront cost of cloth...given the overall savings, my husband wasn't  too far behind.
I couldn't be happier. I love cloth diapers...I love natural parenting...I love babywearing. All these things I never heard of before I have adopted and revered all these past few months.
Arik has just started teething...and he's not too fussy, so far. We use amber beads during the day, not at night, for fear my husband would have a panic attack, the odd dose of orajel, and I did one night give him a baby cocktail of tempra, orajel and a shot of ovol..in case whatever he was going through was fart related. By far my most favorite item to date....my Teething Bling. Its gorgeous, I wear it all the night, minus my night nurses.....no need for play thank you very much. I get complimented all the time, and when I dive into what it really is, people are quite shocked. Ya, its just what it is...Teething Bling.....bling for mama....teether for Arik....all happy go lucky.
In the next few days I will be publishing my review of Kawaii Diapers.....quite impressive to say the least...but I want to give them one more test first, so I can be overly informed

No comments:

Post a Comment